The piston pins are cylindrical pins that are mounted on the skirt of the piston. Its middle part passes through the small hole of the connecting rod and is used to connect the piston and the connecting rod. Its function is to transmit the gas force received by the piston to the connecting rod, or to make the connecting rod small head drive the piston to move together. In order to reduce the weight, the piston pin is generally made of high-quality alloy steel and made hollow.
Product Name: Precision custom machining piston pins
Product Link: piston pins
1. Standard: DIN, IFI, JIS and ISO standard or non-standard per drawing & sample
2. Material: Steel - 4.6/8.8/10.9/12.9, Stainless Steel- A2/A4,304，316，409,410,439 Brass, Aluminum..
3. Dimension: piston pins custom base on 2D,3D drawing(CAD,Solidworks....)
4. Finish: Zinc White, Zinc Yellow, Black Oxide, Nickel Plated, Dacromat.
5. Packing: Poly Bag, Small Box, 1/4 Cartons + EURO/CEP Pallet
6. Delivery: 25/75 days in general, depends on quantity requirement
The piston pins are used to connect the piston and the connecting rod and transmit the force the piston receives to the connecting rod or vice versa.
The piston pin is subjected to a large periodic impact load under high temperature conditions, and since the piston pin has a small swing angle in the pin hole, it is difficult to form a lubricating oil film, and thus the lubrication condition is poor. To this end, the piston pin must have sufficient stiffness, strength and wear resistance. The mass should be as small as possible, and the pin and pin holes should have proper fit clearance and good surface quality. In general, the rigidity of the piston pin is particularly important. If the piston pin is bent and deformed, the piston pin seat may be damaged.
In short, the working conditions of the piston pins are that the compression ratio is large, the oil film cannot be formed, and the deformation is uncoordinated. Therefore, its design requires high mechanical strength and wear resistance, as well as high fatigue strength.